Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Uniform attraction


Recently started to watch the Hong Kong drama <<On call 36 hours>>. I've only at the 3rd episode and the show depicts the job of doctors. One of the scene a director told a group of new housemen - Being a doctor is not the most easy job in the world. The job is not like normal officer workers who work 9 to 5. Instead, each shift is 36 hours and even have to come back during offs.

I guess this is part and parcel of a job of a doctor. Once you have decided to become a doctor, this is the cycle that one has to go through. A doctor is just a job. But this job has  much more at stake than normal office workers. I guess this would be part of what it justifies as their pay scale - risk.

I like to watch dramas that relates to uniform groups. For example, police, fire fighters and doctors. I feel that these dramas provides a insight on how each job is like. Even though I cannot be part of them in reality, i can know how is it like to hold these as a job.

If fitness permits, I had always wanted to join the police. Formerly part of NPCC, I feel so full of pride and proud of the force whenever i don the uniform. I liked that kind of feeling. However, reality and dreams are different. Perhaps I should explore towards joining the force as a civilian. Friend D had chosen to join the force this year. Fitness poses no issues for him. I'm just amazed of his courage to join the force at the age of 26 which was considered quite old as he mentioned that he is one of the older few in his cohort.

Now, I am at the crossroads of my career after finishing my degree studies. What should I do now? I've been asked what I want to do for a few times already. So what do I want to do? Leave the comfort zone and explore my interests or stay within the comfort zone with the nice colleauges but doing things I have not much interests in?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...