Saturday, October 8, 2011

銅鑼焼 Dorayaki

Some time ago (quite a few months back), I've made Doremon's fave food 銅鑼焼 for Alvin and friends. Wanted to do other food with the red bean paste I've bought. But can't remember what I wanted to make and with the red bean paste derived the Dorayaki. I cannot remember exactly which recipe i used but I think this is the closest to what i have done.

Recipe from Annie Koh
Ingredients:
2 eggs
60g honey
150g sugar
200g plain flour
3g baking soda
3g baking powder
150ml water
Anko bean paste
Method:
In a big bowl, stir together the eggs, sugar and honey.
Add the flour, baking soda and baking powder to the mixture above. Stir until well fixed.
Add the water gradually and stir until well mixed, it should have a consistency like double cream.
Heat a frying pan up, and cook them like you would cook pancakes. Depends on the size of your pan, only do 2 or 3 pancakes at a time. Otherwise they will all join together.
When you see bubbles forming, flap them over.
Cool all the pancakes and then sandwich your anko paste in the middle.
And tada~ The completed product. I got a little worried that it is abit big than the normal Dorayaki size. For a second I thought it will be a flop. But after assembling them, hey, it looks like the real thing right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...