Thursday, November 17, 2011

Homemade Cranberry drink

Went to NTUC finest to stock up my supplies for the week for camping at home while studying. Chanced upon this bag of delicious looking cranberries and I bought them despite the steep price tag for a bag of fruits ($5.15).
"Buy me! Buy me!"

I thought I could just snack on it while study (beats eating tidbits right?) but, after I had googled on the net showed that you CAN'T just eat it like that. *wails* It says you will have upset stomach if yours is a weak one. 

No good.

Then I decided, juice is the next best most convenient method. Most websites says that cranberries is a good match with apple and tada, with the help from mum to juice the puree. End product is yums!

The steps on how to achieve the yummy goodness.
You will need:
- 1 bag around 300+g of cranberries
- an apple
- 3 cups water
- sugar according to your taste
First wash the cranberries.


Mum said those soft ones are not fresh. So ya, look carefully and remove any soft berries.
Then cut an apple and put it together with the berries in a pot with 3 cups of water.


Boil it till the cranberries burst. Around 10-15 minutes.


Add sugar and pinch of cinnamon powder (optional) into the pot.
Then off the fire/flame/electric and let it sit there for about 20 minutes to cool down before you juice it.
From the websites, you can use the cheese cloth to strain it. But since I got the machine to juice it, just use it. Lucky got mum to help me to wash.. hee.

And you are done.

Thick goodness :)


See how thick it is? 

My feedback from this recipe is that more water can be added. Maybe 1 cup more? The one I made is quite thick. About smoothie consistency. Individual preference I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...