Sunday, January 1, 2012

Banana Hazelnut Cake


Decided to bake banana cake from a recipe I saw in a bakery book, you know, to try out the different banana cakes recipe and see if it turns out the same. Turns out that this cake is more "fluffy" and dry (more towards the cake texture) than the previous recipe I tried (Ok, I think that blog entry got deleted when I decided to start blogging afresh)

In my opinion, this version is much better. And of course, because I added hazelnut inside, there is a crunch to it. But my mum complaints that it has caused difficulty in biting (honestly, me too as my half erupt wisdom tooth is painful again). 

And, I have found a better place to take photo of all my baked goods - the balcony! There is sufficient lighting  without having to go through the trouble of photoshop. OK, the truth is I have yet to install photoshop in my PC. Lazy to switch on my mac. 

Recipe below. In my opinion, you can omit using the banana to decorate the top of the cake. 

120g butter
275g all purpose flour
150g sugar
2 eggs
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
zest of a lemon
2 ripe bananas (additional 1 more if you want to decorate the top of cake)
100g chopped nuts
2 tsp baking powder
1-2 tsp honey

1. Cut butter into small pieces and together with sugar, beat with an electric beater till light and fluffy. Gradually add in eggs, salt, cinnamon and lemon zest.
2. Roughly mash 2 bananas and mix into the batter. Stir in nuts, sifted flour and baking powder. Mix.
3. Put the mixture into moulds. 
4. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes 170 degrees. 
5. If using banana as deco, slice the banana and place on top of cake during 20th - 30th minutes and drizzle with honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...